the greatest christmas movie of all time.
I know there are a lot of good Christmas movies out there..National Lampoon’s, Elf, A Charlie Brown Christmas, even the old timey It’s a Wonderful Life…but the greatest Christmas movie of all time, is without a doubt, A Christmas Story. You may not believe me, and if that’s the case, then I don’t believe you not believing me. In order to prove its greatness, I’ve compiled the following (abridged) list to detail exactly what sets A Christmas Story apart from all of those other Christmas bits..
1. The Narrator- All the best movies have narrators, (Shawshank, Forrest Gump, Goodfellas, Ferris Bueller’s Day Off, Fight Club)…and Ralphie is the best narrator of them all.
2. The Ridiculous Sibling- Randy is the greatest movie sibling ever…and he says stuff like “Meatloaf, smeatloaf, double-beatloaf. I hate meatloaf.” ..what?
3. The Major Award – Honestly, everything about the leglamp is awesome…Ralphie’s Dad can’t get enough of it, his mom detests it, and I think Ralphie has a crush on it.
4. The Fight – Scott Farkus deserved it, and the onlookers reactions are hysterical…
5. The Outlaw – Anytime you can mix a cowboy into a movie, it’s a good idea…plus, Black Bart was a real gunslinger..who knew?
6. The Christmas Presents – Oh, like you never got anything ridiculous for Christmas.
7. The End – That’s right, the end of the movie is good too. Most movies have trouble with the end, but this one is spot on.
I think that about covers it. If you don’t like this movie, you have no one to blame but yourself.